The first photograph was taken in the late 30s of the 20th century. Linden trees have not yet grown on the alley along the Moika River embankment from the Field of Mars. The trees of the Mikhailovsky Garden also do not cover the dome of the Church of the Engineers Castle … Only in 1933 was a wooden bridge for trams made. When laying the track for tram traffic, Mikhailovsky Garden lost part of the territory. And the building of the School of Folk Art was cut off from the garden.
In 1966-1967. according to the project of engineer E. A. Boltunova and architect L. A. Noskov, the existing bridge is being erected on the site of this wooden bridge for trams. Which is called the 2nd Garden Bridge.
#gardensoftheRussianMuseum #MikhailovskyGarden #summerGarden #RussianMuseum #rusmuseum_gardens #igardens