Skip to content
In a black and white photograph taken in 1959, we see a soda cart. The Tea House can be seen in the background. In those years, the premises of this garden pavilion housed a cafe.
The tradition of renting a Tea House for a restaurant began at the end of the 19th century. During the NEP times, it was revived again. The restaurant was open in the summer until June 22, 1941. During the war, the premises of the Tea House housed a barracks for the soldiers of the anti-aircraft battery, which was deployed on the Champ de Mars.
After the war, the pavilion was in need of renovation. In 1949, the Executive Committee of the Leningrad City Council proposed to the Trust of Canteens of the Dzerzhinsky District to renovate the Tea House and open a restaurant there. In the 50s and 60s of the XX century, during the summer period, this restaurant was very popular among visitors to the Summer Garden.
at present, the Tea House houses a summer cafe and a souvenir shop of the Russian Museum.