Skip to content
In the issue of the newspaper “Vecherny Leningrad” dated August 17, 1971, an article “The Return of Beauty” was published.
The article tells about the restoration of the church porch of the Engineering Castle. From 1819 to the 2000s, Mikhailovsky Castle was usually called the Engineering Castle. The first restoration work on the castle facades began at the end of the 1920s.
Restoration work in the castle continues to this day. Currently, the premises that were occupied by the Central Naval Library are being restored.
#gardensoftheRussianMuseum #MikhailovskyGarden #summerGarden #RussianMuseum #rusmuseum_gardens #igardens